Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Psalm 37:4 - "Miracle Power"

Weekends seem to be crammed full with busyness so I try to keep Mondays 'light' on the calendar. After waking at 2:30AM for the day I was more determined than ever to have an easy day. I felt like I didn't get much accomplished the first few hours but tried to allow God to give me rest. Being creative in the kitchen with a couple new recipes blessed me in abundance. The afternoon was perfect with first a walk in the woods and then a walk on the beach gathering shells for a project Cait and I are doing. As I walked on the beach I was reminded of a verse in Psalms about how God gives us the desires of our hearts. I thought about how as a little girl I always wanted to visit the ocean. A 'perfect' day in my mind would be walking and picking up seashells. Now I can do that task daily if I so desire. Wow, God! When I was on the beach, I talked with a couple men visiting. They asked me some questions about the area and it put a smile on my face that I could answer their questions. I love living here. I love the beauty of God's creation. I love the blessings He gives me. I love the people in my life. I love my life. Later in the day I received news of a dear friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I also received a disappointing phone call regarding Christmas. I am thankful God blesses me through slower days where He fills my emotional tank up with such things as walks in the woods and on the beach. I also am thankful He blesses me when disheartening news comes. I am thankful for the reminder given to me Sunday to be more thankful. As I said in this week's sermon, when we focus on God it takes our focus off of our own issues. I am thankful yesterday was a day with less tingling in my face/head. Today it seems to be rearing it's ugly head again but I know God will see me through it and for that I am thankful. This morning I am reminded of a song We The Kingdom sings called "Miracle Power" and praying for many going through difficult days.

I may not know
What a day may bring
But I know who brings the day
On the darkest night
When I cannot see
Still, my soul will say

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones in the day ahead! Thank You for speaking to me as I walked in the woods and then on the beach yesterday! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for Pastor Nancy who is having surgery today to receive Your peace. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. Normal life can be challenging but when the holidays roll around it can become overwhelming. May You be what is needed for all today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I praise You for a meeting between a father and his prodigal daughter today. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: