Friday, December 2, 2022

Psalm 14:1a - "Same God"

 

Last night as I looked through the trees at the sunset I stopped to think about how people do not believe in God. Where do they think such things as a beautful sunset comes from? How can they explain the beauty of His creation? It blows my mind to think there are people who do not believe in Him yet I know there are many. I also know there are many who claim to not believe in Him yet they will say things like 'I was raised in the church so I know what the Bible says about Him.' I hear that often. I think they believe in His existence but choose to not follow Him or be in relationship with Him. It saddens my heart to think about people not being in relationship with God. I do not know where I would be without Him. I praise Him throughout my days for not only major things but the little things in life. Last night I was already back on Lady's Island when an accident happened that caused travelers grief. I thanked God for changing my schedule so I was not involved in the mess. Yesterday when Marion was able to transport from the wheelchair to her recliner easier than Tuesday I thanked God for her strength. I thanked God as I snuggled and watched a Christmas movie with one of my little guys last night. Sometimes I thank Him in advance of prayers being answered because I know they will be answered in His time. An example of this is the way I keep thanking Him for stopping the MS tingling in my head/face. This morning's tingling on my chin is driving me crazy but I can't focus on it. If I do, I may miss an opportunity He puts before me. This morning I have a song Hannah Kerr sings called "Same God" on my mind. It reminds me the "Same God" who showed off with a beautiful sunset last night is the "Same God" who knows about my tingling. 

The same God who makes the planets spin
Tells the tide when it should rise
Put the color in my eyes
The same God who makes the seasons change
Knows the number of the stars
Every secret in my heart
All my doubts, all my questions
In every fear I have about what might happen
You're the same God
You're with me in the middle of it all, God
You're catching every tear as it falls
I know You'll never change

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for safe travels for Cait and I as we go to the district event. Thank You for the safe travel You provided for Bob and Beth! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray Your strength over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Same God! Amen.

No comments: