Monday, December 5, 2022

Isaiah 9:6 - "Peace"

One of my favorite days of the year is the day of the Beaufort Christmas parade. It is a day of such fun with my church family. I remember the first one the only ones I knew along the parade route outside of my church family were Amy and the boys I babysat and Ellsworths. As the years went by other faces became known. There is nothing better than being out in public and hearing my name to turn around and see someone I know. Those times make me feel at home. With being raised in the same town for forty years that was my normal. Spending fifteen years in a smaller town became my norm to know everyone. Moving to Beaufort was hard in that respect and I am so thankful God made this feel like home from the start. Yesterday getting hugs from all three of my Ferreira boys was priceless. Hearing 'Ms Sheila!' from Miss Everly put a smile on my face. God blessed me in abundance yesterday and for that I am grateful. Yesterday morning was challenging in many ways with things not 'going right.' I had to think of the sermon where God reminded us it is through such challenges that our faith will grow. We can, and will, receive His peace during such times when we allow Him to be our Prince of Peace. The week ahead is full of activities and things I 'want' to get accomplished. But I do not want to miss anything God has for me along the way. I want to stay focused on Him so I can bask in His peace. I also want to stay focused on Him so I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. Mondays can be challenging in themselves with having some Mondays feeling so tired from the weekend. Tiredness can be a distraction but I don't want it to be one that pulls me from God. Today's neurologist appointment can also be a distraction as I pray for relief from this tingling in my head. Once again, I do not want it to be be a distraction that takes my focus off God. The Advent song Pastor Cait and I sang to open yesterday's service is on my mind this morning...

When my mind is like a battlefield 

And my heart is overcome by fear 

And hope seems like a ship that′s lost at sea

My enemies on every side 

And I'm tempted to run and hide 

Your gentle whisper reaches out to me 

Peace Holds me when I′m broken 

Sweet peace That passes understanding 

When the whole wide world is crashing down 

I fall to my knees 

And breathe in Your peace

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your peace when things 'don't go right'! Thank You for my church family who make such things as the Christmas parade so much fun! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for the distractions of life to not so great that I miss something You have for me in the day ahead. I pray for answers at my neurologist appointment. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Jack; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam, Baby Henry, Kaye, and Darryle and his family. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Lord, once again I pray today will be the day the MS tingling dissipates. Thank You for being My Prince of Peace! Amen.

No comments: