Monday, December 26, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "My Wish"


Woo hoo! Today is a day to celebrate Ben's thirty-eighth birthday! He was a 'late' Christmas gift that keeps on giving. It warms this Momma's heart to see him be the husband, father, leader, etc. God has called him to be. I love spending time with him and his family. They are so much fun and provide a lot of laughter. They also are very affectionate so my emotional tank gets filled every time we are together. I love seeing them work together every day to make life easier for one another. I also love listening to their conversations. I was blessed last summer when I spent a couple nights with them and was able to be a part of their daily activities. God continues to bless him and his family in abundance. Those blessings started in the womb when Ben was going to be born with an open spine. We were given the option to abort but of course that was not an option for us. Instead we asked people all over the world to pray. The following month the ultrasound showed he was a healthy baby boy. The technician said, 'It must have been a mistake the month before because all was good.' It was not a mistake. When Ben was born, he had a scar on the lower part of his back that showed he was healed. Fast forward to his high school days when he was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. One service at Mount Vernon Nazarene University he went to the altar and cried out for a healing. Once again prayers were heard and answered. The next bloodwork showed none of the disease. God had a plan for Ben from before conception and continues to have His plan fulfilled through him. I am one blessed Momma. I am disappointed I won't see him for Christmas and his birthday with this trip north but am looking forward to seeing him in January when I go back up. I was reminded of a song Rascal Flatts sings called "My Wish"...

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it toYour dreams stay big, your worries stay smallYou never need to carry more than you can holdAnd while you're out there getting where you're getting toI hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for today being a day to celebrate Ben! Thank You for giving me the privilege to be his Momma! May his day be filled with blessings. I pray for safe travels today and thank You for providing for this trip. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I not miss any opportunity You put before me to love with Your love. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

This was a blessing to read! Thank you. 💙