Thursday, December 29, 2022

Psalm 16 - "My Defender"


The Lord took me to Psalm 16 this morning. This Psalm reminds me God protects me, is my Portion, and is to be praised for all He does in my life. It reminds me of how life can be when we focus on Him. It will not be perfect but it will be filled with blessings. It will not be easy but will be filled with opportunities to grow in Him. There will be times when we question why things are as they are but it is in those times we draw closer to God. There will be times that just don't make sense in the human aspect of life but when we realize God knows all and that is all that matters we will be blessed in abundance. Yesterday was filled with getting to spend time with loved ones which blessed me in abundance. My pastor's heart hurts that I am not with ones who need me but I am thankful for time to see family. I am thankful for the way God provides for trips such as this and for the way He opens doors for visits. In my humanness I considered giving up on this trip with all the delays at the airport. I am thankful God was there to direct me to continue on. Verse five of Psalm 16 reads in The Passion Translation, The way you counsel me makes me praise you more, for your whispers in the night give me wisdom, showing me what to do next. I am thankful for the way God directs my words and actions. When I focus on Him, I not only hear His voice but I walk in obdedience to Him. There are times I miss things or choose to not follow His lead. It is in those times I know I miss blessings. Shame on me. Thankfully He is there to love me through such times. He is there to love me through hurtful times too. Sometimes life is just too much but then I am reminded I am not alone. He is with me at all time. Verse eleven of this chapter speaks volumes. The way you counsel me makes me praise you more, for your whispers in the night give me wisdom, showing me what to do next. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: David flees to God's protection, with cheerful, believing confidence. We all need to be confident as we seek God. Confident that He is with us at all time. Confident that He knows best. Confident that His timing is perfect no matter what. Praise His Holy Name. I am reminded this morning of a song Jeremy Camp sings called "My Defender"...

I can see You when the night is closing in
And I will trust You when it seems that there's no hope
And I hold tight to the promise You have given
'Cause this I know and I am confident

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with breakfast with Paul; time with Adam, Rachel and Miss Aiya; my visit with Marlene; and time with Tim! Thank You for this time of being with my Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see You through me today. I pray for all of the families with deaths that we received news of yesterday. I also continue to pray for Jan and Sherry as both of their mothers are going through issues. I pray Your peace and strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam; Pastor Nancy; and Darryle and his family. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Thank You for less tingling and for sleep getting easier! Thank You for being My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: