Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Psalm 15 - "I Am Yours"


God took me to Psalm 15 this morning. I read it in different versions and liked the conversation style of the Message. God desires us to live our best life. That life needs to include Him as the foundation. When others see us living such a life, they will be intrigued as to how we can have peace in the midst of the storms of life. When life seems to fall apart all around us, we have strength in Him. I have a friend who seems to just keep getting hit with one thing after another. I have prayed for them many times to allow God to be their focus instead of their problems. When we focus on ourselves, it takes away from God. I am reminded of something I shared in a recent sermon. Jesus Others Yourself. That is the key to keeping joy in your spirit. I hold Nehemiah 8:10 close to my heart. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Woo hoo! Yes! The angels announced good tidings of great joy in Luke 2:10 at the time of Jesus' birth. I think it's cool how Jesus brought joy to Mary in Luke 1:47 even before He was born. It was also cool to read of how John leaped for joy in his mother's womb when he heard Mary's voice in Luke 1:44. Bringing joy was a big part of Jesus' ministry on this earth. It should be a big part of our life too. I often think of Paul and his life that was full of challenges yet he remained joyful even in prison. There are different types of imprisonment. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, and even spiritual. Praise God He will provide freedom to any and all imprisonment we find ourselves in. I am thankful for the promise of John 15:5. I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. Praise His Holy Name! This morning a song Need To Breathe sings is going through my mind...

'Cause I am yours
And you will always be mine
It seems like madness, I'm invited
To the table by your side
'Cause I am yours
And you will always be mine
I'm a man whose one ambition
Is to dance with my divine
'Cause I am yours
And you are, you are, you are
You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Oh how my heart breaks for many going through difficult days. I pray Your joy over all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff's husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; a dear friend awaiting an oncologist appointment; and a young lady awaiting cancer testing results. I pray for: the Long Family, Becky, Russ, a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Tommy and Pam and Darryle and his family.. I praise You for continued reconciliation for a father and his prodigal daughter. I pray for Melinda and Todd with all they are going through. Father, thank you the tingling is becoming less in my head/face. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.



No comments: