Saturday, October 1, 2022

Psalm 91 - "The Blessing"


I am so thankful God protected my little world from Hurricane Ian. I also am thankful for the peace He gave me to stay at home. He directed me to Psalm 91 this morning which tells us when we allow Him into our lives He will take care of us, He will protect us from things that try to take us away from Him. His protection can be in the physical sense such as when we are almost in a car accident or have a hurricane headed our way. It can be in the emotional sense as we deal with difficult people or situations in our life. It can be in the financial sense when we make decisions. It can be in the mental sense when we are physically drained yet still have to mentally function. He protects us in our spiritual sense when the enemy tries to steal our joy. He protects us in every sense of our being. This morning I am thinking about those who lost their possessions or even lives in Hurricane Ian. How can it be said that God protected them? Sometimes He protects us by taking us or others out of this world. Perhaps He is protecting us from something ahead in life in such situations. I think of babies and children who die and wonder if this is not the case with them. I am reminded this morning of a song Kari Jobe sings called "The Blessing"...

May His presence go before you
And behind you and beside you
All around you and within you
He is with you, He is with you
In the morning, in the evening
In your coming and your going
In your weeping and rejoicing
He is for you, He is for you

Yes! As we allow God to be Who He desires in our life we will realize His love, empowerment, protection, grace, and mercy to a greater degree. We will realize all He desires for us as we live in His presence. We will not understand everything that happens in life but we will be content in knowing He is in control and that is all that matters. Psalm 91:1 reads in the New Living TestamentThose who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Who do we call when we need help? 9-1-1. Psalm 91:1 is the key to Who we need to call upon 24/7.

Dear Jesus, Thank You seems so inadequate of words to say for the way my little world was protected from Hurricane Ian. Thank You for being with me throughout these last few days! I pray for those who lost possessions and/or lives from this storm. I pray they will have someone love on them with Your love. I pray the same for those going through emotional, mental, financial, and most of all spiritual storms in life. May You be so real to all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Baby Dakota, and Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Ashley who had a scan yesterday to feel Your peace. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout the day ahead. Thank You for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: