Friday, October 14, 2022

Psalm 1; Jeremiah 17:8 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

 

I was drawn to Psalm 1 this morning. When I took this picture yesterday morning on my walk, I thought about the strength of the trees by the water. They have been through many storms yet have continued to stand firm. The lesson to be learned from them is to have a strong root system grounded deep. As we live grounded in Christ we will realize more of what He desires for us. Jeremiah 17:8 reads, Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river. David wrote in Psalm 1 about trusting God just as Jeremiah wrote. David wrote about trusting God as you walk with Him. God must be our focus throughout our days or our trust will falter. Both David and Jeremiah use the tree planted by the water as a word picture for us to ponder upon. The roots go deep just as our roots in Christ need to be. There is strength found in the tree by the water just as there is strength found in those who are grounded in Him. Just as the roots of a tree gain strength from the nutrients we gain strength from God. We do not have to worry about the 'droughts' or 'storms' of life but instead need to trust God to provide whatever is needed in each circumstance. I am reminded this morning of a song Hillsong sings called "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour

Yes! No matter what happens in the day ahead all I have to do is trust God. I must allow Him to guide me through the day. I pray I will not just get through the day but will glorify Him in the process.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a full but blessed day yesterday! Walking again to start my day, meeting some new friends and walking/talking with Tony and Steven; seeing my friends Sierra and Billy; dropping off lunch to Timmy's station; my afternoon webinar; my evening with Laurie and my Women Helping Women group; a call with Paul and my Momma; and having Nick spend the night were all such blessings. You know how to fill up my emotional tank so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna, Pastor Tommy and Pam, and Baby Ziva! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Thank You for being My Root System! Amen.

No comments: