Friday, October 7, 2022

I Thessalonians 5:17 - "Blessings"

Last night I saw an unfamiliar number on my caller ID. Normally I do not answer such numbers because of all of the 'junk' that comes through but instead let it go into voice mail to answer later as need be. God told me to answer it so I did. I am so thankful for His prompting and for my listening. The lady at the other end of the line explained I had given her my card at the Charleston Airport a few months back. I remember the situation very clearly. After seeing her cleaning the restroom the Lord told me to go back in and give her $10 for lunch. I questioned how $10 was going to do any good when prices are so high. He told me once again to give her $10 so I did along with my card. When I gave it to her, I told her God told me to do so. Fast forward to last night and I receive a call from her. She is in tears as she explains she needs me to pray for her family who are in turmoil. She said she feels like the enemy is trying to split them apart by causing issues between her, her Momma, and her sister. I asked if I could pray with her then and she accepted. After I prayed she thanked me over and over again. I told her to call me any time she needed to. After hanging up I thought about how many times I hand out my business cards with the hope people will reach out in time of need. I am sure many of the cards get thrown in the trash but even if one out of a hundred are held onto it is a blessing. I am so thankful for the way God uses me. I am thankful for the way He speaks to me. I know there are times I do not follow through with what He gives me and I ask for forgiveness for such times. I also know I am blessed by Him in ways such as last night. Yesterday morning's sunrise was a great blessing as I walked at the waterfront. I was blessed by the beauty of His creation and with the conversation with my friend Steven. I was blessed with the opportunity to pray once again for those at Beaufort High School as I watched police personnel fly by me and pull into the school. I was also blessed with finding out there was a quick resolve to the situation. Yesterday afternoon as I waited on x-rays results I prayed for favorable results and was blessed with no broken bones in my foot. I was blessed with my friend Debbie having me stop by for her homemade macaroni salad which is one of my comfort foods. As I was headed to the pharmacy the police personnel flew by me going in the opposite direction. Once again I prayed and once again I was blessed in finding out there was a quick resolve at another school. Prayer is a vital part of my life and I am blessed throughout my days as I see God give me things/people to pray for, answer prayers, and become so real through my prayers. I am reminded this morning of a song called "Blessings" that shows us God may not always answer our prayers as we desire but He answers them. 

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Yes! God desires to shower His love, mercy, and grace down upon us. We must accept whatever He has for us. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blesses of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Yolanda who reached out to me last night for prayer! Thank You for the new friends I met at the widow's tea yesterday, favorable X-ray results, Debbie who had me over to talk yesterday, and an evening of rest! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray protection for the miles that will be driven today and a great time tomorrow with Children's Mission Day. I pray peace for many going through difficult days. My Momma as she adjusts to her new way of life; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna, Wanda, and Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his second heart surgery! I pray for wisdom today for the surgeon for Terra's surgery. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: