Saturday, October 22, 2022

Psalm 37 - "Who You Are To Me"

One year ago today I was in Ohio to celebrate my Rickey's birthday. Little did I know it would be the first and last birthday to celebrate with him. He was in my life for less than a year yet he made such an impact on me. He helped me through the grieving process over Doc's deaths in a way no one else could. I am grateful for the way God used him. I also am grateful for the way God used me to help him not only in his earthly relationships but most importantly in his relationship with God. We never know when our last breath on this earth will be. We need to be ready at all time for whatever happens in life. I am so blessed with the memories we made together in both Ohio and Sourth Carolina. I am thankful for all the laughter he brought back into my life and for the pictures we took. Picking him up from the airport and having a surprise picnic at Forsyth Park in Savannah was one of my favorite memories. Getting caught in a downpour with no umbrella as we walked at the riverfront afterward was hilarious. One of his favorite things to do while here was to walk at the waterfront. We spent many hours there walking, swinging, and enjoying life. It doesn't take a lot of money to make memories and for that I am grateful. Another one of my favorite memories was me driving down Carteret Street with my sunroof open and the sun shining down on me listening to him play "How Great Thou Art" on the mandolin and me singing along. I wish I had taped him playing it for me. So, so many memories. So, so many emotions to process. My heart hurts sometimes to the point I think it cannot hurt any more. God reminds me He is with me and has never left me. He reminds me of the promises of His Word that He gives me what I desire as I live with Him. Psalm 37:4-7 reads in the VOICE: Take great joy in the Eternal, His gifts are coming, and they are all your heart desires! Commit your path to the Eternal; let Him direct youPut your confidence in Him, and He will follow through with youHe will spread out righteousness for you as a sunrise spreads radiance over the landHe will deliver justice for you into the light of the high sun. Be still. Be patient. Expect the Eternal to arrive and set things rightDon’t get upset when you see the worldly ones rising up the ladder. Don’t be bothered by those who are anchored in wicked ways. I was not looking for my Rickey when God brought him into my life. It was so soon after Doc's death yet it was perfect timing. I know God's timing is always perfect and I must wait on Him with all aspects of my life. When I doubt, He is there to encourage me. When I feel like I can't go on, He is there to remind me of all I have been through. When I feel so alone, He is there to bring people into my life to ease the loneliness. I am thankful for Who God is in my life and for all the ways He takes care of me. I am reminded of a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Who You Are To Me"...

You're amazing, faithful, love's open door
When I'm empty You fill me with hunger for more
Of Your mercy, Your goodness
Lord, You're the air that I breathe
That's who You are to me
Who You are to me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with celerbrating Mr. Landon's birthday and the blessings ahead today! Thank You for being Who You are in my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days and Jill with the loss of her husband. Thank You for being My Open Door! Amen.

No comments: