Sunday, October 9, 2022

I Corinthians 15 - "Nobody"


Yesterday was an amazing day with seeing changing leaves at the campground, driving past the cotton fields, and then ending the evening with a fabulous sunset. God's nature blesses me in abundance. He amazes me with His artistry in the different ways He paints the canvas of my little world. It always amazes me to drive three hours from here and see so many different aspects of the beauty of His nature. I live in such a beautiful place and am thankful for each and every part of it. There is a verse Paul wrote in I Corinthians 15 that speaks of the sun, moon, and starts all having their own type of splendor. That is how we, as His creation, are in life. We are made in a unique way with a unique purpose. God did not create us to be the same but to each have different personalities. He created us to be Christ-like so we will not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. Our time on earth will be short yet it needs to be memorable. I am reminded of the words to the song "Nobody" this morning. 

'Cause I'm just a nobody 
Trying to tell everybody 

All about Somebody who saved my soul 

Ever since You rescued me 

You gave my heart a song to sing 

I'm living for the world to see Nobody but Jesus 


Will people see Jesus in me? Will they have the desire in their heart to live for Him because of how I live? These are a couple questions I ask myself every day. I prayed for not only other pastors but for myself this morning to remember Paul's words in I Corinthinas 15:58. It reads in the NIVTherefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. We never know when our time on this earth will be over. We need to make sure we are living in His will so we do not miss any opportunity He puts before us. I was talking with a new friend last night who is battling pancreatic cancer. My heart breaks for him because I know what he is going through. It especially breaks for him because he is alone but I am thankful he knows where he is going when he leaves this earth. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with seeing changing leaves at the campground, driving past the cotton fields, and then ending the evening with a fabulous sunset! Thank You for Paul's words in I Corinthians 15 that remind me You make each of us unique with a different purpose in life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for the one whose water broke last night to have a safe delivery. I also pray for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to remember no matter what lies ahead in the day You are with each and every one of us. When the enemy comes knocking, may we all be stand strong in our faith. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and for Loretta's family as they await the birth of their grand babyThank You for being My Creator! Amen.

No comments: