Thursday, October 27, 2022

Psalm 27 - "Goodness of God"


The Lord woke me with direction to read Psalm 27 and with the song "Goodness of God" on my heart. Wow, God! I love how He uses Scripture and songs to speak to me. We all go through 'tough' times but we also all realize His goodness through the love He pours down upon us in such times. There are times when we feel like we just can't catch our breath because we go from one trying time to another. As I looked through pictures of English bulldogs yesterday at the rescue I wondered if I was even ready for another dog. I thought about how hard it was to go through Mordecei's death just six weeks after Doc taking his last breath on this earth. I also was thinking yesterday about how God has been my strength through some pretty tough things in life. We were talking last night in Bible study about how some people think when you go through such times it is God punishing you. I will never forget the lady telling me I must have done something really bad for God to give me MS. Those were hurtful words that put doubt into my mind. Thankfully God loved me through them. The last words of Psalm 27 encourage me to wait on the Lord no matter what is happening in life. When I do, I will be blessed in abundance with His love and peace. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm: Keep up your spirits in the midst of the greatest dangers and difficulties: Be of good courage; let your hearts be fixed, trusting in God, and your minds stayed upon him, and then let none of these things move you. Those that wait upon the Lord have reason to be of good courage. Yes! It is because of His faithfulness to me that I am where I am today. I am so blessed by the words to "Goodness of God"...

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah
And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray Your peace and comfort over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: