Monday, October 10, 2022

Psalm 20 - "In Jesus Name"

 

God directed me to Psalm 20 this morning and stopped me at verses four and five. David wrote this Psalm with the intention of sharing the importance of prayer. In this Psalm he writes of the need of prayer in preparation for battle. He wrote Psalm 21 as a victory Psalm for after the battle is won. I prayed and anointed Pastors Loretta and Dave yesterday for the upcoming birth of their grand baby. As I did I praised God for the victory that will be won for another life. Sometimes when we pray we ask for what we want without thinking about what He desires for us. There are times we ask over and over again but still the answer remains the same. I think about all the months I prayed for Doc to be healed while on this earth. That prayer was not answered in the manner I desired yet I still love God. Sometimes our prayers are answered in ways that do not make sense to us yet we still need to trust God. When we feel like God is not listening, we need to realize He is but perhaps is being silent so we will listen harder. Victory is available for all who lean into His supernatural strength. Peace is available for all who will allow Him to be Who He desires to be in their life. My prayer list is long and seems to grow every day. There are physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual needs represented on my list. Sometimes praying can be overwhelming but God is always there listening and answering. He encourages me to pray for and with people every day. I am blessed when I hear of an answer to prayer. I love a song Katy Nichole sings called "In Jesus Name"...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus' name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus' name
In Jesus' name

Yes! I never stop praying for miracles to happen. When Jeff shared the story of the little guy who received a heart transplant Friday, I was in awe. There were so many days spent in the hospital for him and his family. I can only imagine how many prayers went up on his behalf. I think of the family who lost a loved one for this little guy to receive a heart and pray for comfort for them. So, so many hurting people in this world who need prayed for and with. Broken relationships between spouses, parents and children, families, etc. need much prayer. Hurting hearts from losses of a loved one, jobs, dreams, etc. need much prayer. Fear and anxiety is rampant in many lives and needs prayer. Loneliness even in a world full of people is something that hurts deeply and needs much prayer. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another great Sunday with my church family for Sunday School and church, lunch and the hayride with Debbie, Pastor Cait, and my Sunday School children, and ending the day celebrating Marion's 90th birthday! It was a full but blessed day. Thank You for the reminder from Psalm 20 of the importance of prayer! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and for Loretta's family as they await the birth of their grand babyThank You for being My Prayer Answerer! Amen.

No comments: