Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Psalm 19:1-2 - "Who You Are To Me"

Yesterday was another beautiful day in paradise. This weather is gorgeous with temps in the 70's-80's and pure sunshine. As I walked yesterday morning someone told me to get ready for the 'cold' weather that was coming. I asked what they considered 'cold' and they said sixties for highs. I laughed and told them where I came from had the 's' word in the forecast. I will take sixties any day! I have the privilege today to do a zoom interview about being a pastor. As I was going over the questions last night I was reminded of God bringing us to South Carolina. As a little girl I dreamt of going to the beach. I had never visited it but had such a longing to do so. I wrote papers for school about trips to the beach that were based on my reading and hearing others tell their stories of their trips. Fast forward to now and I live here. God is so good to give us the desires of our hearts. I remember arguing with Him when He told me to go to college for preaching. I told Him there was no need to do so because Doc was the preacher in the house. Once again fast forward to 2020 when Doc left this earth and God's plan made sense. When He told me we were moving to South Carolina in 2016, once again I argued that it was too far away from my family. Sometimes I wonder if He gets tired of me arguing with Him! He knows me and knows my personality is such. I'm sure He shakes His head at me at times but thankfully He continues to love me. I am so blessed by Who He is in my life and for all the ways He showers His love down upon me. I am reminded of a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Who You Are To Me"...

Sometimes I have my doubts, I'm sure that everybody does
And I wonder when I stumble, am I still worthy of Your love?
But I know that I get stronger when I'm talking to You down on my knees
You're everything I need
You're amazing, faithful, love's open door
When I'm empty You fill me with hunger for more
Of Your mercy, Your goodness
Lord, You're the air that I breathe
That's who You are to me

Yes! God's love is perfect at all time. His love is there to get us through 'tough' days and to rejoice with us through good ones. His love is there to guide us and discipline us. His love is perfect in every way possible. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love that showers down upon me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and to Pastor Jason with the death of his uncle. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: