Wednesday, October 19, 2022

II Timothy 1:7 - "Fear Is Not My Future"


I had the opportunity to pray II Timothy 1:7 with two people over the last couple of days. One is going through intense physical issues which has caused emotional distress. The other is going through relationship issues which is also causing great emotional distress. As I shared this Scripture with them I thought about the many times during Doc's last year and a half with pancreatic cancer that I said this Scripture. I clung to it tightly as we got closer to the end of his time on this earth. These words were written by Paul many years ago to Timothy. Paul commended Timothy for his living out his faith. He talked to him about the heritage he had with his mother and grandmother having great faith. I have talked with many people who did not have such a heritage and struggle with living out a life of faith. They don't know how because they were never taught to depend upon the Lord. I am blessed to have a great heritage given to me by my parents. I remember as a little girl when we would go to my grandparents house I thought it was so cool they prayed together before going to bed. Nothing ever got in their way. I tried to instill that same habit into my family's life too. Going to church regularly, reading/strudying the Bible, praying, etc. are all ways to take our faith deeper. When the storms of life come, we can stand strong in Him when we live with Him daily. We do not have to fear anything that lies ahead because we know He is with us. We do not have to manipulate situations to get our desired outcome because we know whatever happens is His will. There will be times when we question Him and that is ok. In such times our faith will go deeper. The testimony we have from 'tough' days will glorify Him as we allow Him to work in and through us. The enemy tells us all sorts of lies to get us to take our focus off of God. We must stand strong in our faith so the enemy does not win. He is not what our future looks like but instead it looks like God when we allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life. I am reminded this morning of a song called "Fear Is Not My Future"...

Hello peace, hello joy, hello love
Hello strength, hello hope, it's a new horizon
Hello peace, hello joy, hello love
Hello strength, hello hope, it's a new horizon


Yes! Our life can and will be full of these things when we give everything to God. It may take some time but when we continue to lean into His strength He will provide all that we need to get through the 'tough' days of life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray II Timothy 1:7 over one with intense physical issues and another with intense relationship issues! May they both seek You in these 'tough' days they are experiencing. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for You to shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for being My Fear Breaker! Amen.

No comments: