Sunday, October 30, 2022

Psalm 23 - "We All Need Jesus"

God woke me multiple times to pray. I prayed for pastors before going to bed, throughout the night and again this morning. I also prayed for many going through difficult days. Some are dealing with physical issues themselves while others have loved ones with physical issues. Some are going through 'tough' days with emotional and mental issues. Others are going through 'tough' days financially. Most of all I prayed for those going through spiritual issues. I was drawn to Psalm 23 this morning and read it in various translations but chose the King James Version to ponder upon since it is the one I used to memorize it as a little girl. I thought about how personal this Psalm was for David. He was in relationship with God and was a shepherd himself. Therefore, he knew the closeness of a shepherd and his sheep. He understood God was there for him at all time just as we need to do today. God gave us Psalm 23 to show us we need to praise Him no matter what is happening in our little world. He gave it to us to reiterate His care for us and how He is always there to guide us through whatever lies ahead. He is there to provide whatever is needed but we must accept this. He leads us through dark days but He does not always take away the darkness because we need to go deeper in our faith through such times. He protects us as we allow Him. Most of all He blesses us through His love, mercy, and grace. Some days are hard and others days are even harder. God sees us and sees our struggles. Nothing is a surprise to Him. I am so thankful for the way He knows our every weakness yet loves us anyway. I am thankful for the way He never gives up on us even when we seem to keep doing things we should not or refuse to accept the opportunities He puts before us. I am so thankful for the way He speaks. I saw a picture the other day that said something about how broken crayons can still color. We are all 'broken' and yet God can still use us as we allow Him. I am reminded of the song "We All Need Jesus"...

We're all broken people, don't we all need Jesus?
Every moment of our lives, twenty-four, three-six-five
Our human is equal, don't we all have our weakness? Hey-hey
Everybody makes mistakes, everybody needs that grace
We all need Jesus...

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I prayed before going to bed, throughout the night, and again this morning for pastors who will be preaching today to feel Your presence and allow You to speak through them. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can follow Your lead with the sermon You have given me for today. Open up ears and hearts for what You so desire to be heard. Thank You for Ofie and Lisa visiting my Momma! Thank You for Your continued touch upon her life and the lives of many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as his heart surgery was postponed again and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Shepherd! Amen.



No comments: