Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Psalm 113 - "Stay Strong"

 

The beauty of God's creation is mind boggling at times. As I sit and listen to the waves I think about all that is happening in the process. The water, sand, water animals, etc. are all affected every time a wave comes into shore. The same can be said for life. Every time there is a 'wave' in our little world we are affected. We are the only ones to make the choice on what we will do with such 'waves.' Will we embrace them or fight them? Will we allow God to work in and through us in the process? Will the enemy win in our situation? No matter what is happening in life we need to stand strong and go deeper in our faith. I am reminded this morning of a song the Newsboys sings called "Stay Strong"...

Stay strong
You are not lost
Come on and fix your eyes ahead
There's a new dawn to light our day, our day
You've gotta stay strong
You and I run
For the prize that lies ahead
We've come too far to lose our way, our way

Yes! Every day is a new day that God gives us as a gift. We can receive it and enjoy it or we can not. We can allow Him to reveal to us what He desires of us or we can go about our own little way. I am grateful for days like yesterday that recharge my tank so to be speak. Being out in God's nature is the perfect way to do so. What a blessing to live in an area with so much beauty to experience that does not cost a penny other than gas money to go see it. David tells us in Psalm 113:2 in the VOICEAt this moment, and for all the moments yet to come, may the Eternal’s name ascend in the hearts of His people. Yes! We need to praise God at all time. I need to praise him today as I am inside all day even though I would prefer to be outside in His creation. I need to praise Him when things don't go as I desire because it is in such times He is working. I need to praise Him when I receive a phone call in the early hours of the morning from my crying Momma because I know He is with her. Plain and simple. I need to praise Him.cDear Jesus, Thank You for the beauty of Your creation and the privilege of experiencing sunrise and sunset yesterday! Thank You for being with my Momma today as she is so tired of all going on in her life! Thank You for the birth of Baby Ziva and for the way You are going to continue to be with her and her Momma! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: