Friday, September 30, 2022

Psalm 65:8 - "Promises"

I was relieved when it finally started raining late evening, It was weird to watch the weather all day with anticipation of the storm starting yet it not. It was windy throughout the day but waiting on the rain gave me a weird feeling. It reminded me of the four months of waiting on confirmation of the diagnosis of MS. I remember Doc saying once we knew what we had to deal with it would be easier. That is kind of how I felt last night waiting on the hurricane to hit. I felt like once it hit I would know what I had to deal with. This is another 'first' in my life. The first hurricane since Doc died. I am so thankful for those who called, texted, sent messages, etc. to check on and encourage me. I am thankful for the peace God gave me with the decision to stay home. Last evening as I had balance issues while doing my workout and had tingling in my face I thought about how even though I don't feel stressed the whole thing of going through a hurricane is effecting my body. Before going to sleep I prayed for all in the path of the storm to be safe. I asked God to come down upon my body and calm the things going on. I am reminded this morning of the words to a song called "Promises" that Maverick City sings.

Though the storms may come and the winds may blow
I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn, when You speak a word
It will come to pass
Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Yes! Whether it be physical, emotional, mental, financial, or spiritual storms of life God is with us. He is faithful to us and desires us to be faithful to Him. No matter storm we go through we need to praise Him through it. As we do it will take our focus off the storm itself and allow God to be glorified through it. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for everyone who has called, texted, etc. to check on me! My heart breaks to see the devastation from the hurricane. I pray for people who have lost everything to have someone love on them with Your love. I continue to pray for protection for first responders, utility workers, etc. who are out in this weather. I also pray for those without electricity and for those without shelter. Even though I won't be leaving my house today I pray You will give me opportunity to love with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over my Momma as she adjusts to her new life and over others going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Baby Dakota, and Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Ashley who has a scan today to feel Your peace. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: