Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Psalm 91 - "See A Victory"

 

The Lord took me to Psalm 91 this morning. This Psalm reminds me that when the enemy comes knocking at my door God is there to empower me to knock him down. It also reminds me God is always here for me. I like the concept of Psalm 91:1 being my '9-1-1' go-to. Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. All I have to do is live in His presence and I will find His rest from the 'junk' of life. Praise His Holy Name. I am grateful for the promises He gives me from this Psalm.

  • "I will rescue him..." (deliver, cause to escape)
  • "I will protect him..." (set him on a high place)
  • "I will answer him..." (respond to, speak)
  • "I will be with him in trouble..." (in afflictions, in distress)
  • "I will deliver him..." (rescue, to bring into safety)
  • "and honor him..." (to make rich, strong, heavy with honor)
  • "With long life will I satisfy him..." (to have abundance in the journey)
  • "and show him my salvation." (let him see my deliverance & victory)
I also am grateful for the knowledge that when I allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life He will be glorified in all situations. Sometimes I feel like the enemy is winning but I must never forget God has already received the victory. Every battle that comes before me is not mine to fight alone but instead belongs to God. Elevation Worship sings a song called "See A Victory" that I want to keep in my mind all day long.

The weapon may be formed, but it won't prosper
When the darkness falls, it won't prevail
Cause the God I serve knows only how to triumph
My God will never fail
Oh my God will never fail
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my friend Debbie coming over and working in the yard with me! Thank you for all that was accomplished yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your protection over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days and Bill with his broken foot. I pray for You to go before Brenda as she has her stress test today. Thank You for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: