Sunday, October 23, 2022

II Corinthians 12:9-10 - "God Is In This Story"


Yesterday was so much fun from start to finish! Having breakfast with my church ladies was so relaxing with lots of laughs. Afterward I had the opportunity to bless a homeless man with a haircut when I was getting mine trimmed which was a blessing to me. Yesterday afternoon I watched Christmas movies and finished a blanket for a gift. Seeing the sunset last night was a wonderful way to end the day. As I looked out and watched the sun go down I thought about the day and all that was accomplished. I thought about how God was in the midst of every aspect of it. It reminds me of the song "God Is In This Story"...

God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Yes! He is in my story as I allow Him to be. He is writing every chapter of my book of life. He sees my hurts and pains and blesses me through them. He loves on me when I feel so alone. He puts people before me who bless me in abundance with spending time with me. He speaks clearly to me and gives me direction. I was reading about the background of this song and read this quote by Mike Weaver:

“It’s been a really difficult season of saying goodbye to my brother and missing him, but also a time of realizing that there’s so much more for us to do. This is a song of hope, a song of encouragement, that God really is present with us in all of the seasons of our lives – the really great ones and the ones that are difficult. God is not giving up on us. He is in the details of our lives. We can trust Him that He is working things together for our good.”

I love the reminder that God is with us through all the seasons of life. We cannot have just 'good' seasons but need the 'tough' ones in life too. God is there to see us through every season of life. He is there to provide exactly what we need to not just get through all the seasons of life but to glorify Him in the process. Yes there will be times when we fall short of what He desires in our life but He never gives up on us and for that I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to bed, throughout the night, and again this morning! You kept bringing to my prayers the word 'boldness' in the delivery of Your Word. May we all be bold in our preaching. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. I pray for each of them to feel Your presence. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days and Jill with the loss of her husband. Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: