Thursday, October 6, 2022

Luke 5:16 - "Broken Prayers"

Yesterday was a day filled with praying from start to finish. I went into the waterfront to walk after praying in the morning. I came upon a young man who was trying to take pictures of himself so I helped him out. While doing so I found out he had been here four weeks and was traveling back home to St. Louis Missouri today. When I asked if I could pray for him, he immediately grabbed my hands and said, 'Yes ma'am. My Momma always prays with me when I go on a trip." That warmed my heart! It was such a blessing to be a 'surrogate Momma' to him! After walking I stopped in at Food Lion. As I was leaving there the sirens were going crazy. I prayed for all involved with whatever was happening. When I got home, I received news that there was a report of an active shooter at Beaufort High School. I prayed protection over the students, teachers, police, EMS/fire, etc. I also prayed for the shooter. Thankfully within a couple hours we found out it was a hoax. Once again I prayed for the one/ones involved in causing such a stressful situation. My day ended in asking little Nick how I could pray for him as I took him home after church. His response was for his soccer game tonight. Prayer is a key part of life. It is essential that we pray not because God needs to hear our prayers but because we need to voice them to Him. Praying draws us closer to God. Prayers takes our faith deeper and empowers us to trust God more. God does not expect eloquent or flowery words when we pray. He just wants us to pour out our heart to Him. I am reminded of the song "Broken Prayers"...

You want my tears, every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have
With no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst
You meet me there
'Cause you see the beauty
In my broken prayers

Yes! God already knows what is on our heart but He desires us to voice our hurts, concerns, etc. to Him. When we do, we will realize more of His love, mercy, and grace. We need to follow Jesus' example given in Luke 5 and get alone with our Heavenly Father to pray. When we do, we will be able to concentrate on listening to His response. I love to pray out in nature especially when I am at the waterfront.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a day full of praying yesterday! Thank You for whatever lies ahead today! The calendar is full today and my first thought is to dread it but that is not what I truly want to do. I desire for You to be glorified through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. The only way that can happen is for a cleansing in my spirit. I desire for peace to come down upon those struggling. May You be so real to: My Momma as she adjusts to her new way of life; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna, Wanda, and Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family today and tomorrow as he has another heart surgery! Thank You for Your protection over all involved in yesterday's situation at not only Beaufort High School but the other schools across the state that went through the same situation! Thank You for being My Listener! Amen.

No comments: