Saturday, October 29, 2022

Psalm 69 - "See A Victory"


God took me to Psalm 69 this morning. This Psalm is a lament David wrote about the enemies around him. There are times when we feel like we are getting hit from every side by people who want to tear us down. Thankfully God is always there to love us through such times. Verse thirty-four caught my attention. The more we praise God through life the more we will realize victory. I am reminded of the song "See A Victory" that Elevation Worship sings...

The weapon may be formed, but it won't prosper
When the darkness falls, it won't prevail
Cause the God I serve knows only how to triumph
My God will never fail
Oh my God will never fail
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Yes! We are not in any fight alone but instead need to lean into God's strength to see us through. There is nothing that surprises God. He knows all. There are times I pray for His strength and then I don't lean into it. Shame on me! There are times He directs me yet I go a different way. Shame on me! Praise God for His love, grace, and mercy that is there in such times. When David went up against Goliath, God was with him. When Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, God was with him. When Mary was chosen the be the mother of Jesus, God was with her. There are stories after stories in the Bible of God being with people in 'tough' times. The result was those who leaned into His strength received victory! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that is always available! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to be more like You! May the day ahead be full of things that please You. I pray Your strength for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as his heart surgery was postponed again and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: