Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Psalm 1 - "God Is In This Story"


Yesterday was once again full of blessings from start to finish. Beginning the day at a new place for sunrise was awesome. Seeing all of the beauty of God's creation at Widgeon Point was spectacular! This tree amazed me with the way the roots were growing out of the ground. It also amazed me with the trunk being so different. It is almost like it is multiple trees in one. As I took this picture my mind wandered to what in the world would be God's purpose for such a creation. Then I started thinking about how we are created differently and with different purposes. While sitting and eating breakfast and watching the sunrise I thought about how God uses us wherever He places us. He uses us to love with His love as we allow Him to do so. After leaving Widgeon Point I stopped at The Sands but it was too foggy so I went on to Kate Gleason Park to walk. Once again it was so foggy. I could not even see the waterfront park as normal. The fog reminded me of how sometimes we find ourselves in situations in life that are unclear. One minute we may think we know what to do and the next everything is confusing. When I left the house yesterday morning, the fog was thick but when I pulled into Widgeon Point it was clear. Driving ten minutes to The Sands found me once again in thick fog. That is exactly how life can be. Sometimes God has a lesson for us to learn and it may take a while for that to be accomplished. Sometimes He has a lesson for someone else to learn. No matter what the case when we need to stand firm in our faith and trust Him through situations. We will be blessed in the process. David wrote the beginning words of Psalm 1 to encourage all to do just that. I cannot even begin to guess how old this tree is but I am sure it has been around for many years. I am sure it has seen many physical storms just as we go through 'storms' of life. God is writing our story every day. He created us for a purpose. We sometimes fail at fulfilling each chapter as He desires but He does not give up on us. Instead He continues to love on us through every aspect of life. I am reminded of the song "God Is In This Story" and thankful for these lyrics...

There's torn up pages in this book
Words that tell me I'm no good
Chapters that defined me for so long
But the hands of grace and endless love
Dusted off and picked me up
Told my heart that hope is never gone

Yes! Praise His Holy Name for His love, grace, and mercy that is available at all time even when I miss an opportunity He puts before me or do something not in His plan. I praise Him for always being here to encourage me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my zoom call with Pastor Tony and Pastor Gary last night! What a blessing they are to me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May Your love be lavished down upon many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days and Bill with his broken foot. Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: