Friday, October 28, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Promises"

Yesterday was a long but fulfilling day. It was a day filled with lots of blessings from start to finish. When I took this picture on my walk, I thought about how God blesses me with the beauty of His creation. I told Cait last night when I showed her the picture if I ever remarry I want to do so in an area such as this. I can imagine walking down a path that goes to the water and being so blessed. That made me chuckle because most little girls dream of getting married some day. Some even plan their wedding in their daydreams. Here I am at age 61 day dreaming. After my walk I went to the church and the day of preparing/packing shoeboxes began. Five came to start the process with me and last night there were nine of us. Woo hoo, God! The result was having the sixty-two shoeboxes packed that we had shipping paid for and a few more that need items added to them. Another blessing was receiving $140 to put toward the shipping which puts us closer to the goal of one hundred for this year! Once again, woo hoo God! My heart was full when I left the church even though I was so tired. When I woke this morning and looked at the clock, I thought 'oh my am I sore and tired...maybe I will just lay here a few more minutes.' That was at 5:00. Then I woke up at 5:30 and finally decided at 6:00 I needed to get moving. My Daddy always called it 'soakin' and always told me it was fine to do but I couldn't do it all day long. I had to keep moving or the MS would take over. Oh how I miss my Daddy and his words of encouragement. I am so thankful for the memories I have and for all the ways he loved on me while he was on this earth. I am thankful for my relationship with him that made it easy to have a close relationship with my Heavenly Father. I am one blessed lady! God not only has promises He gives me but He keeps each and every one of them. All I have to do is trust Him and allow Him to be Who He desires in my life. I am reminded of a song Maverick City sings called "Promises"...

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all who came out yesterday to work on shoeboxes and for the sixty-two packed and have shipping covered! Thank You for the additional money given for fourteen more to be done! Thank You for the laughter last night with my friends! I am so blessed by Laurie and my Thursday night group! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I may be moving slow but I pray You will empower me to move. Thank You for the memories of my Daddy and for the way his words continue to encourage me on days such as this! I pray for people to encourage those going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family with his heart surgery today and to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: