Monday, October 3, 2022

Psalm 113:3; Matthew 17:20-21 - "Less Like Me"

 

God's word tells us multiple times to praise Him. Seeing the beauty of His creation makes me want to praise Him over and over again. Sundays spent with my church family gives me reason to praise Him. I praise Him for the little storm damage we received and pray for those who were less fortunate. I praise Him for being with my Momma during this time of adjustment. I praise Him for being the loving God He is. There is always a reason to praise Him. Even when we find ourselves in difficult situations there are reasons to praise Him. I am so thankful for Who He is in my life. I am thankful for Him bringing me to this beautiful part of the world and for the people who love on me. He reminded throughout Hurricane Ian that I am loved from those I did life with over the years along with those I am doing life with now. He reminds me every day of His love through others. Yesterday's sermon reminded me that I need to continue to stand in faith and trust Him with the future of my little church. I need to have the faith of the mustard seed as He grows the church. He reminded me there will be growing pains but He is with us. I truly desire to be the church God is calling us to be. I desire to watch Him move ‘mountains’ before us to make nothing be impossible. Matthew 17:20-21 reads: He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” A mustard seed is tiny yet grows into a large plant. The same can be accomplished with our church as we allow God to work in and through each of us as He desires. We each need to get to the end of ourselves so we do not get in His way to accomplish what He desires for our church. I am reminded of the words to a song Zach Williams sings called "Less Like Me"...

A little more like mercy, a little more like grace
A little more like kindness, goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience, a little more like peace
A little more like Jesus, a little less like me

Yes! More like Him and less like ourselves. That is what life should be about. We are going to make mistakes and/or miss opportunities He puts before us and that's OK. He is right there ready to love us through such times. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the way You bless me through my church family! Thank You for the opportunity to enjoy Your nature yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray for Ashley who had a scan to feel Your peace. Thank You for being My Faith Builder! Amen.

No comments: