Thursday, October 20, 2022

Psalm 27:14; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Wait On You"


Sometimes waiting can be the hardest thing to do. Waiting on test results from a doctor can be nerve racking. Waiting on an expected phone call can bring great anxiety. Waiting on God to show or give you direction can also bring stress. Our society has taught us to not have to wait with microwave cooking, drive through restaurants, etc. Sometimes waiting is all part of God's plan. We can learn life lessons in the waiting or we can fail miserably. We can dig deeper in our faith or allow the enemy an open door into our life. Psalm 27 shows us to have faith as we wait. It shows us that the Lord has His strength when we lean into it. It reminds us we do not have to fear anything in life but instead need to allow God to be Who He desires to be in our life. Constant communication is key to living such a life. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: Wherever the believer is, he can find a way to the throne of grace by prayer. God calls us by his Spirit, by his word, by his worship, and by special providences, merciful and afflicting. Yes! Prayer is key in our relationship with Him. It is also key in the way we react to such times as that of waiting. I am reminded of a song Maverick City Music sings called "Wait On You"...

I'm gonna wait on You
I'm gonna wait on You
I've tasted Your goodness
I'll trust in Your promise
I'm gonna wait on You
Yes, I'm gonna wait on You (yeah)
I've tasted Your goodness
I'll trust in Your promise
I'm gonna wait on You
Yes, I will, yes, I will 
I will, I will, I will (I will), yeah

Yes! It does take trusting God when we find ourselves in the 'waiting rooms' of life. It takes us standing upon Proverbs 3:5-6 trusting Him and not going off on our own way of thinking but instead allowing Him to give us exactly what we need. We must keep our focus on Him as we wait for His direction. This is not always easy to do but it is possible. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace showered upon me as I find myself in another 'waiting room' of life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for others who are finding themselves in a 'waiting room' right now. Some are waiting on medical test results or health issues to change while others are waiting for their circumstances to change in their relationships or finances. May You be so real to all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. I also pray for Logan and Jack who are in the hospital. Thank You for being My Waiting Room Companion! Amen.



No comments: