Friday, October 21, 2022

Psalm 113:3 - "Praise You In This Storm"

 

David's words of Psalm 113:3 are a reminder that needs adhered to every day. Some days will be harder than others but no matter what we need to praise God through them. There will be times when we feel like we cannot go on yet we must dig our heels into God's strength and allow Him to give us what we need. The alternative is to allow the enemy an open door into our lives. This should not be an option. Yesterday as I dealt with a trying situation I wanted to cry but I did not. I did ask God 'Why?' I was going through it but received no answer. I shared with a friend yesterday that it is OK to question God because that is how we grow in our faith. Many times in the book of Psalms the writer questions Him. Sometimes the questions seem like accusations. In Psalm 42:9b and in 44:24b the writer accuses God of forgetting him. Many times throughout the book of Psalm we read of wicked people going against him. A lesson we can learn by reading the Psalms is that of praising God no matter what is happening in life. We see praises along with the laments. The Psalmists realizes God is with them no matter what is happening in their little world. We need to do the same. We need to trust God with every aspect of our life so He can work in and through us. We need to allow Him to grow our faith so He can be Who He desires to be in our life. As we live in this manner we will realize Him in a deeper way than ever before. The more we praise Him the more we will find reason to praise Him. I praise Him for my visit with my friend Marilyn and for the time I had with friends last night. I praise Him for receiving a picture of the sunset from my friend Cait since I was not outside to capture it. I praise Him for another day of life ahead today. No matter what is happening there is always something to praise Him for. I am reminded this morning of a song Casting Crowns sings called "Praise You In This Storm"...

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

The storms of life will come and go but God is everlasting. He will always be with us as we allow Him to be. Yesterday as I thought about two years ago there were many times the tears came. I know some would say Mordecei was 'just a dog' but he was my companion who saw me through many obstacles in life. MS exasperations, cervical surgeries, Doc's death, etc. I am thankful for the eleven plus years he was in my life and for the way God used him to bring me joy. I have much to praise Him for even in the times of hurt and pain.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my visits with Jill, Jack, and Marilyn! Thank You for Laurie who blesses me in abundance with the Women Helping Women group! Thank You for Cait for capturing the sunset for me! Thank You for the reminder of Psalm 113:3 to praise You no matter what is happening in life! Thank You for the eleven plus years I had with my four-legged buddy! I have much to praise You for and am thankful for each and every one. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray when the 'storms' of life come I will have praises on my lips. I pray the same for many going through 'storms' right now. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Everlasting! Amen.



No comments: