Saturday, October 15, 2022

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "It Is Well"

Some days are just harder than others. Yesterday was a day full of 'good' times and 'tough' times but thankfully God was with me through it all. As I stood looking at the sunset last night I thought about how God is always with me. He gives me precious gifts such as my time yesterday with one of my little guys, pure sunshine with the temperature climbing into the high eighties, lunch with my friend Debbie, a text from my friend Marlene at just the moment I needed encouraged, etc. He constantly reminds me to keep my focus on Him instead of the 'junk' of life. I am reminded of the words to "It Is Well"...

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

Yes! Life is all about what God desires of our life when we choose to live for Him. It is about accepting we do not know nor do we need to know all there is to know in life. Instead we just need to trust Him with every aspect of our life. As I sat on the swing at the waterfront yesterday once again the memories of days of the past came flooding into my mind. Once again the tears were quick to come to my eyes and once again God reassured me He is with me. In the busyness with so many children playing at the park with all kinds of chatter happening I thought about how silent my little world is a lot of the time. How lonely it is. How empty it can feel. Thankfully God puts people in my life who love on me with His love and fill my cup to overflowing. I want to be like David and be able to say ",,,my cup runneth over" as Psalm 23 reads. The only way that can happen is to live in relationship with God. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly and always providing what is needed! Thank You for those You put in my life who help me through 'tough' days! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be blessed through my actions, words, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna, Pastor Tommy and Pam, and Baby Ziva! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and to Pastor Jason with the death of his uncle. Thank You for being My Cup Filler! Amen.

No comments: