Sunday, October 16, 2022

Ecclesiastes 11:7-10 - "What If"


Every day is a new day. Each day is a gift God gives us to unwrap. We can either bask in His presence throughout the day or live in our own little world with giving little to no thought to Him. He blesses us through people in mighty ways as we allow Him. Yesterday morning I had an opportunity to talk with a new friend while on my walk. He and his wife recently moved to the area and he is amazed by the beauty of God's creation here. In our conversation he spoke about how he is concerned his wife will not adjust to the slower lifestyle than they had in Atlanta. He said he likes to come to see the sunrise as a reminder from God of a fresh start each day. I am reminded of the words in Ecclesiastes 11:7-10. It reads in the VOICELight is sweet; one glimpse of the sun delights the eyes. If a person lives many years, then he should learn to enjoy each and every one; but he should not forget the dark days ahead, for there will be plenty of them. All that is to come—whether bright days or dark—is fleeting. Be happy, and celebrate all of the goodness of youth while you are young. Cultivate a cheerful heart every day you have youth. Go where your heart takes you. Take in the sights. Enjoy, but remember that God will hold us accountable for all that we do. When all is said and done, clear your mind of all its worries. Free your body of all its troubles while you can, for youth and the prime of life will soon vanish. This scripture tells us to enjoy life while we can. It reminds me of having MS. I never know when I will wake up unable to function normally. I never know when my ability to walk, talk, see, etc. will be gone. But it isn't just with diseases such as MS. No one knows what lies ahead except God. I try to live each day with no regrets. I strive to live as God desires me to live. I know I fail at times but thankfully His love, grace, and mercy are right there to pick me up. Matthew West's song "What If" says it all...

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot, oh
No regrets, in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running 'til the road runs out
I'm lighting it up, right here, right now, oh
No regrets, in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs, yeah

When you live with a disease, you tend to see life differently. I believe I appreciate things more so knowing I may not have them tomorrow. Seeing a sunrise or sunset is a perfect example. I had a few weeks years ago of not having clear vision. I do not want to ever take my eyesight for granted. There have been many times of using a cane, walker, or wheelchair. I do not want to take my ability to walk for granted. We never know what is ahead but as long as we are in relationship with God we know He is with us every step of every day.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the people You put into my life! Steven, Andy, Jack and Paula all blessed me in abundance yesterday! Thank You for another day of life that is ahead! I prayed before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors going to be sharing Your Word this morning to speak what You desire. I pray that prayer for myself too. I pray for open hearts to what You have for all, both the speaker and the listener. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray You peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and to Pastor Jason with the death of his uncle. Praise You Father for Baby Ziva and her Momma going home! Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Light! Amen.

No comments: