Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Isaiah 43:16-19 - "Way Maker"

Every time I was awake throughout the night the song "Waymaker" was going through my head. God is so good to be my "Waymaker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the Darkness..." A couple weeks ago God had me share in the sermon: 

  • When we feel defeated, trapped, or just exhausted . . . God is a way maker. 
  • When we don’t see any way to get through this . . . God is a miracle worker.
  • When we don’t know how to trust anymore . . . God is a promise keeper. 
  • When everything around us is dark . . . God is a light in the darkness.
He is all these things to us as we allow Him to be. He desires to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. I go back to the struggles of the Israelites as they headed to the Promise Land. God taught them lessons on their journey just as He teaches us on our journey. He blessed them just as He blesses us. He loved on them just as He loves on us. God promises to be with us and to make a way through the messiness of life. He promises to be our strength and our wisdom. Isaiah promised to make a way for the Israelites even before their journey started. We read throughout the Bible His promises for us. We may not know what trials wait for us in the future, but we know we serve a God who has promised to lead us through them. The people of Israel spent a lot of time struggling in the wilderness or in captivity. As followers of Jesus, we can’t fully relate to living 40 years in the desert before the time of electricity or modern convenience. But most of us know someone who did or is battling cancer; are held captive by depression; affected by the pain of childlessness, miscarriage, marital struggles, or divorce; lost in their faith, unsure of how to return to the Father; or experienced loss of a dream, a spouse, or a child. Struggles in life on this earth grow our faith. The more we trust God the more He will become real to us. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead today! Thank You for meeting another new friend on my morning walk and for a good board meeting last night! Thank You for the good news at my Momma's doctor appointment, Ashley's news from her scan, and a diagnosis for Pamela! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray for cooperation with Marion today and for Your wisdom as I am with her. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My Way Maker! Amen.

No comments: