Monday, October 17, 2022

Psalm 19:1 - "In Me"

Yesterday was another amazing day in my little world. I love Sundays with my church family. The time of fellowship and eating after church blessed me in abundance as I looked around and saw everyone talking and laughing. Having an opportunity to visit the butterfly garden at Sun City in the afternoon was another blessing. Finishing out the day seeing the sunset at a new location was amazing. God is so good to fill up my emotional tank. He knows what I need and provides. As I start another week I know what is on the calendar but I pray I do not miss anything He has in store for me. I pray I will keep my focus on Him so I can be who He desires me to me. Last night as I stood looking at the sun going down I was in awe of the beauty of His creation. Every sunset is different. I thought about how we are all different. It would make for a boring world if we were the same. God created each of us with a unique personality for a reason. I believe that reason is so we can love with His love in different ways. Rebecca St James sings a song called "In Me" that makes me stop and think about why God created me.

You said the words
And made the heavens
You breathed the stars
And put their place in the sky
You waved Your hand
Painted a sunset
You smiled and gave a heartbeat life

In me...There is strength to move a mountain
In me...There is faith to walk on water
In me...If I just believe
The Way and the Truth and the Life is...In me

Yes! He is in me for a purpose and that purpose is to show all I meet His love however He gives me the opportunity to do so. Woo hoo! I do not want to miss any opportunity He puts before me so I need to stay focused on Him. I know there will be times I fail but the more I am intentional in allowing Him to be Who He desires of being in my life the less I will fail. Praise His Holy Name.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my children's Sunday School class, first time visitors at church along with returning visitors,  Andy helping me make breakfast/lunch for our church family, the time of fellowship after church, a visit to Sun City's butterfly garden, and seeing the fabulous sunset last night! Woo hoo! You know exactly what my emotional tank needed and You provided. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray as I begin another week You will stay in my focus so I do miss anything You have in store for me. I pray for my friend Jill whose husband passed yesterday to feel Your comfort. I pray for many going through difficult days to feel Your closeness. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery and to Pastor Jason with the death of his uncle. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days. Thank You for being My Way, Truth, and Life! Amen.

No comments: