Monday, October 24, 2022

Psalm 20 - "Hills and Valleys"

Yesterday was another very blessed day with my church family! God is so good to fill my tank through them! Taking pictures on the way to church of God's beautiful creation where I live; Sunday School with the children; fellowship and lunch after service; dropping off Debbie's soup to Andy at the fire station; visiting with John, Terri, and Mr. Baldwin; and finally ending the day with enjoying another beautiful sunset...wow, what a day! I am reminded of the words of Psalm 20. There will be days of trouble (vs 1) but they are not a surprise to God. We have a choice on how we handle such days. We can either lean into His strength or we can give the enemy an open door into our lives. There is victory when we lean into His strength. There is comfort for 'tough' days as we allow Him to be there for us. Praise His Holy Name! The song "Hills and Valleys" is on my mind this morning. 

I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days
And I've prayed prayers to Heaven
From my lowest place
And I have held Your blessings
God, You give and take away

We do not know what lies ahead but when we know the One Who does we can be comforted. We can live in the past or we can look to the future but the most important way of living is by living in the present in His presence. One of the ways to do that is by living a life where you not only hear what God says but You follow through with His guidance. When someone asks you to pray for them, you do so. When God puts a need before you and shows you how to fill that need, you do so. Psalm 20:4 holds such hope for those who are in relationship with Him. Yes, there will be times we fail to follow through on opportunities He gives us. There will even be times we don't accept such opportunities. No matter what He does not give up on us. Instead He loves us through such times. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my church family who love on me so well! Thank You for every aspect of yesterday from start to finish! Taking pictures on the way to church of Your beautiful creation, Sunday School with the children, fellowship and lunch after service, dropping off Debbie's soup to Andy at the fire station, visiting with John, Terri, and Mr. Baldwin, and finally ending the day with enjoying another beautiful sunset! Thank You seems so inadequate to say after yesterday. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude. I know what is on the calendar today but I don't want anything to get in the way of what You desire of me. I pray Your peace over many in the "Hills and Valleys" of life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; my new friend with pancreatic cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for: Pastor Donna and Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Lord, be so close to Baby Henry's family as they await his heart surgery. Lord, be so close to Darryle and his family during these tough days; Jill with the loss of her husband; and Bill with his broken foot. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: