Thursday, September 22, 2022

Psalm 62:8; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Good, Good Father"

Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes it seems like the only option we have is to have a good cry and start over. Sometimes are so much lonelier than others. Sometimes we get mad at God. Sometimes emotions are so much greater than other times both in a 'good' way and 'tough' ways. I am grateful for the friends God puts in my life to get me through the 'sometimes' of life. I am thankful for the way He brings laughter into the tears and for the way I feel His loving arms wrapped around me. I am thankful when 'bad' memories come into my mind God is there to empower me to not give the enemy an open door through them. He is such a "Good, Good Father" and I am so blessed by Him. This song brings comfort to me.

Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone

Yes! We are never alone when we allow God to be Who He desires in our life. I am so thankful for the way He has showed me being 'alone' is not necessarily a bad thing. We all need time alone with Him. We need time alone so He can speak clearly to us with no distractions. We also find answers in times when we are 'alone.' Psalm 62 was brought before me this morning with God stopping me at verse eight. In the New International Version we are told to trust Him. In the VOICE we are told to have faith in Him. It takes great trust to have faith. I am reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 this morning. I like how it reads in the VOICE

Place your trust in the Eternal; rely on Him completely;
    never depend upon your own ideas and inventions.
Give Him the credit for everything you accomplish,
    and He will smooth out and straighten the road that lies ahead.

It does not say we are to rely on Him sometimes or whenever we feel like it but we are rely on Him completely. Woo hoo! We do not have to figure anything out on our own but instead need to allow Him to show us the way we need to go in life. That is comforting to me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for decisions that have been made for my Momma's care and for the way You are going to continue to guide the process! I pray for whatever is going on in her physical body to be revealed to the doctors. I pray continued peace over her spirit with all going on in life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for safe travels as I go home today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray You will wrap your arms around Clay Shields​ and Jo Ann with the loss of Breezy! Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: