Sunday, September 18, 2022

Psalm 113:1-3 - "10,000 Reasons"



Yesterday was a long, emotional day. It was a day with tears and a day with laughter. Sitting and talking with my friend Debbie was a joy. Pulling into the church parking lot and seeing Jeff, Leslie, and Clay working on the yard brought more joy to my heart. The miles spent traveling for a one year old's birthday were blessed with phone conversations with a friend. Ending the day with three of my little buddies was a blessing in itself. There were times of frustration when things did not go as I thought they should but God was always there with me. He blessed me with meeting several new friends throughout the day. He knows what I need and provides. Praise His Holy Name! When I took this picture on my walk yesterday morning, I praised Him for the ability to walk. There have been many times in the course of the MS when I could not walk on my own. I praised Him for the beauty of the creation where I live. What a blessing to have such surroundings to walk. I praised Him for every drop of sweat that fell as I continue to push forward in a healthier life style. I am reminded this morning of the song "10,000 Reasons"...

The sun comes up; it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

By the time my head hit the pillow last night I was exhausted. I felt like if I had one more thing to do in the day it would not get accomplished. I prayed for pastors and church services before going to sleep thinking I would not wake before morning. In the six hours  I slept there were three times of waking to pray. I not only prayed for pastors but also for a friend in physical and emotional pain. I prayed for His peace to be over all. I pray all will be able to praise God through whatever happens in the day ahead. Verse three in the VOICE reads: At every time and in every placefrom the moment the sun rises to the moment the sun sets—may the name of the Eternal be high in the hearts of His people. I like that....At every time and in every place... That means no matter what happens in the day ahead we should praise God. No matter how we may feel we should praise God. Sometimes it is hard to praise God but when we do it takes the focus off our issues. On my walk yesterday morning there was a young couple having a sunrise picnic breakfast. When I saw them, the tears came. It brought back memories of picnics at the waterfront with both Doc and my Rickey. It saddened me to think of what will never be again. I had an opportunity to share with the couple how important it is in a relationship to make memories that will last forever. As I continued walking I praised God for the memories He gives me and prayed for continued healing in my soul. This coming Friday would be our thirty-third anniversary. As I walked past the restaurant Doc took me to for our last anniversary together I once again felt the tears in my eyes. Goodness some days are just harder than others. No matter what I continue to praise Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with visits with Dan and Debbie, Jeff and Leslie, Cait and Alex at Atlas' birthday party, and the Reeder family! Thank You for the blessings ahead today! Before going to bed and throughout the night I prayed for pastors and churches having service today. I prayed blessings over the Miller's first anniversary service this evening along with praying for a friend with physical and emotional pain. Lord, may we all praise You throughout the day ahead. No matter what lies ahead may You be praised. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts show You to all who see/hear me today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed yesterday with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him.  Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: