Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Matthew 19:26; Philippians 4:11-13 - "Hymn of Heaven"


God woke me this morning with a song Phil Wickham sings called "Hymn of Heaven" and I was immediately blessed. There is a part that goes like this...

Every prayer, we prayed in desperation
The songs of faith, we sang through doubt and fear
In the end, we'll see that it was worth it
When He returns to wipe away our tears (oh)

There are so many times we pray over and over again for God to take care of something, change our circumstances, heal a loved one, etc. We pray in desperation as we desire to have things as we desire. How many times do we pray with faith that believes God will answer our prayers? How many times do we expect a miracle? How many times do we allow God to work in and through us to make changes? We have to trust God for His timing with all aspects of our lives. We also have to remember His ways and His timing is what is best for us. I have been praying for quite some time about a particular situation in my life. The desire of my heart is for God's will to be realized in this situation. Sometimes the waiting is hard. Sometimes the enemy creeps in and tells me lies about the situation. Sometimes I feel like God is not hearing my prayers. Sometimes. But I know God hears my prayers. I also know He will answer them in His time. I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 19:26. Nothing is impossible for God. He can do anything at any time. He knows what is best for us and blessings us in abundance as He showers us with His love. He also gives us free will which comes into play with the decisions we make in life. I am grateful for His love, mercy, and grace that is available 24/7 when I mess up. I had a conversation with a friend last night about how sometimes the past can come back to haunt your thoughts. When I think about the dumb stuff I did over the years, I cringe. I wish I could just forget it like God forgives and forgets. He 'wipes our slate clean' and gives us second chances. We are not always as nice to ourselves as He is but thankfully He is always there to love us through such times. I am reminded this morning as I ponder upon Jesus' words in Matthew 19:26 that nothing is impossible for God when it is in His will. We cannot ask God to give us this or that if it is not in His will. How can we expect Him to bless us if we are asking for things not of Him? I was talking the other day to a lady who is frustrated with not knowing what God's will is for her life. She voiced how she prays and prays and gets no answers. We all have been in this same situation but we cannot give up. Instead we need to lean in more to Him so we not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. We need to rest in Him as we wait on His direction to be given to us. Sometimes I think we miss what He has for us due to trying to figure things out for ourselves. We miss blessings when we try to manipulate things to our liking. Shame on us. We need to be as Paul wrote to the Church of Philippi in Philippians 4:11-13. He tells us God gives what is needed in all circumstances to do what He desires of us. It reads in the NIV

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving on me so greatly that You continue to pour out Your love, mercy, and grace on me! Thank You for the accomplishments of yesterday and the people You put in my life! My heart broke for Marion with the pain she is in. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people hear/see You instead of me. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; my friend recuperating from thyroid cancer surgery; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, Brenda, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: