Saturday, September 10, 2022

Psalm 48 - "What A Beautiful Name"


The Lord directed me to read Psalm 48 this morning. He stopped me at verses nine and ten to ponder upon. These verses reminded me of a song called "What A Beautiful Name"...

What a beautiful Name it is
What a beautiful Name it is
The Name of Jesus Christ my King
What a beautiful Name it is
Nothing compares to this
What a beautiful Name it is
The Name of Jesus

His name is all we need to say in time of need. It also is what we need to say in our praises no matter what is happening in life. Yesterday as the rain continued I praised His name for rain being the only thing we are dealing with from Hurricane Earl. I praised His name for the time I had to walk yesterday morning even though it was not in my 'normal' place. I praised His name for time to relax as I watched a couple movies and for a good night's sleep. I praised His name at 3:30AM when I awoke to the sound of no rain coming down. There are always things to praise Him for. Sometimes we may have to dig deep to find them but they are there. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm: All the streams of mercy that flow down to us, must be traced to the fountain of His loving-kindness. Let us give to God the glory of the great things he has done for us. Yes! The more we praise God the more we are going to keep our focus on Him. Life is not always going to go as we desire but it will go as God desires when we live in His presence and walk in obedience to His will. We will experience His love-in-action and goodness in action as we live in this manner. The enemy is out to trip us up and take us away from God but we must not allow his antics to win. When he does win, we must ask God for forgiveness and for a cleansing in our soul and strive to not be tripped up again. Life on earth is challenging yet if we truly desire to spend eternity with God we must stay focused on Him while on this earth.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so well and for bringing Psalm 48 to me this morning along with "What A Beautiful Name." As I strive to be focused on You I see Your love-in-action in some mighty ways and am thankful. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a friend with thyroid cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Love-In-Action! Amen.

No comments: