Thursday, September 1, 2022

Psalm 81:16 - "Honey In The Rock"

God woke me during the night with the words to "Honey In The Rock" going through my mind. This song reminds me no matter what we go through in life God is there to bless us. I recently was given some fresh honey from a friend that makes my hot tea have such a wonderful flavor. When I drink it, I am reminded of God's sweet love for me. I also am reminded of who I am because of Him. The song goes,,,

There's honey in the rock
Water in the stone
Manna on the ground
No matter where I go
I don't need to worry now that I know
Everything I need You've got
There's honey in the rock

Praise His Holy Name for providing exactly what we need. There may be things we want that we do not get but He provides everything that is needed. I shared in Bible study last night about how it has been a tough week with deaths of friends and family members of friends, other friends going through medical testing, my Momma not feeling well, Little Easton being hospitalized...the list goes on and on. I am thankful God is there at all time to provide what I need physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I am thankful for the time I had with Cait yesterday going over music and talking. Brooke Ligertwood wrote of this song: “In our own wilderness, we are finding honey in the Rock indeed — tastes of undeniable sweetness even in what, from many angles, looks barren and bitter. And let me tell you, so much of God’s goodness to us flows through community.” Amen! No matter what I am going through my 'community' is with me. As Sunday approaches there are many emotions being experienced. I have thought throughout this week about what we were doing two years ago. Yesterday I thought about Doc's last meals with sushi one day and falafels the next. I was talking to Chris and Carrie yesterday about how sometimes it seems like it has been so much longer than two years that he took his last breath yet other times it seems like just yesterday. God has provided everything I needed in the wilderness of widowhood. Most of all He has provided me with people who love me. In Bible study we discussed how God teaches us lessons in various ways. I mentioned how David learned to trust God and to lean into His strength through his ordeals in life. The lessons learned there were instrumental in the way he handled himself with defeating Goliath. As we allow God to teach us we will have victory no matter what comes before us. I did not have an opportunity to take pictures of the sunset last night but I saw it while I was driving. I am thankful Brooklyn sent me some she took. The sunset was once again powerful in speaking to me about Who God is in my life. The beauty of His creation is mind-blowing. Wow, God!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a friend receiving favorable test results! I pray for another friend as they await breast cancer tests. May she experience Your peace. Thank You for my community who love on me so well! Thank You for the knowledge that You are with me at all time and for the memories You put before me as I reflect on the two year anniversary of Doc leaving this earth! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May I be like David and learn from what happens in life. I pray Your peace over: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and Alex's brother who was in a car accident. Thank You for being close to Melanie and her family; Terri Mosley's family; my cousin Wayne's siblings and family; Kim Zifel and her family; and Jerry Gates and his family. Thank You for being My Jehovah Jireh! Amen.

No comments: