Saturday, September 24, 2022

Philippians 1:3-6 - "Your Love Oh Lord"

 

God woke me this morning early to pray for a friend who is going through some 'tough' days. It is my privilege to pray for people and blesses me in abundance when people reach out to me to pray. Paul wrote in the beginning of his letter to the Church of Philippi about how he was blessed to have them in his life. That is exactly how I feel about those in my life. I am blessed by each and every one of them. God puts people in my path who encourage me greatly. He uses people to fill my emotional tank up when it gets low. Sometimes it is difficult as a pastor to know how to minister to people yet God is always there to direct me. There are times though when I feel like I am at the 'end of my rope' and I am thankful He is there holding onto me. Verse six reminds me he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Praise His Holy Name! I do not have to save anyone but need to allow God to work in and through me to do as He desires of me. I pray Philippians 1:9-11 over all on my prayer list. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Realizing God's love is key to life. As we realize His love for us, we will draw deeper in our faith to trust Him more. His love is more powerful than any words spoken to us on this earth. It is more powerful than any hurts of life as we allow Him to soothe out soul. His love covers us with exactly what we need when we need it. I am reminded of a song Third Day sings called "Your Love Oh Lord"...

Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings

I have fond memories of listening to Doc singing as he played this on his guitar. It is such a peaceful song that gives me great comfort. Third Day was one of his favorite bands. I loved seeing them in concert when we were living in Ohio. Every time I hear this song I get a picture in my mind of sitting on Jesus' lap being held close. I will find my strength in the shadow of Your wings speaks volumes to me. I love the memories of sitting on my earthly Daddy's lap which give me great comfort in tough days.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with my morning walk at sunrise, safety on the highway, and time with Cait and the kids! Thank You for the day ahead with EQUIP! I pray blesses upon everyone presenting today and those receiving what is presented. I pray for one You woke me up to pray for this morning to receive what You have for them. I pray Your peace over them and others going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My King! Amen.

No comments: