Sunday, September 25, 2022

John 14:13 - "In Jesus Name"

The song "In Jesus Name" has been on my heart since yesterday. This song touches the depth of my soul as I pray for people. It reminds me of the importance of praying for people. Many times we get to the point where we do not know how to pray yet Jesus is always there for us and hears our prayers. We can get to the point where we feel like He does not hear our prayers but He always does. There are times when we pray and pray and nothing seems to happen. That is not true. What we must remember is Jesus answers our prayers in His time. Sometimes we have not learned something yet so He waits. Sometimes someone else needs to see how we react in certain situations so He waits. Sometimes we need to realize Who God is in our life so He waits. Sometimes. It isn't always the same way but sometimes. A part of this song goes...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name
In Jesus name

I prayed throughout the night for two friends going through 'tough' times to have a change in their physical health. When we go through something physically, it effects every aspect of our life. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual. We can get to 'the end of our rope' and feel like giving up but we can't. Instead we need to lean into Jesus even more. Katy Nichole wrote "In Jesus Name" after gong through unsuccessful surgery for scoliosis. The pain she experienced was great and she was ready to give up but God met her in that journey and gave her hope through a second surgery. He showered His love down upon her when she did not give up. No matter what circumstances we find ourselves in we must lean into His strength to not just get through them but to glorify Him in the process. Every time I hear this song I am reminded of all my earthly Daddy went through with sixty plus surgeries, getting shot and seeing my sister be murdered, having a broken neck from being hit by a train...the list just keeps going. I remember many times of him crying and wanting to give up yet he did not. He inspires me to keep going when life gets tough. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings from yesterday with EQUIP and the blessings ahead today! Thank You for protection with two near misses with accidents on the crazy highway! Thank You for my visit with Dan and Debbie yesterday! Thank You for the privilege I receive when You give me people to pray for! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray for all pastors who go into the pulpit today to have You oozing from them. I pray for my two friends I prayed for throughout the night to receive Your peace in their physical bodies. I pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: