Friday, September 2, 2022

Philippians 3 - "10,000 Reasons"

I used to think sunsets were my favorite but I am finding the more sunrises I experience I am changing my mind. It is so worth getting up early to have the privilege to watch God start off another day. Yesterday as I stood on the beach and watched the sun come up I was in awe at the beauty of His creation. I was reminded of the song "10.000 Reasons" as I felt so blessed.

The sun comes up; it’s a new day dawning
It’s time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

God is so good to bless us as we allow Him to work in and through us. He is so good to show us His love, mercy, and grace as we live in His presence. The first thought that came to my mind this morning was it was two years ago today Doc had the stroke that took his life two days later. That day will forever be in my memory bank as one where God showed Himself to me in a mighty way. He gave strength in a time of weakness. He provided people to be with me and encourage me. He gave me those last forty-eight hours with Doc as a gift. Doc begged to be at home to die. He did not want to be in a hospital another time. I was so blessed to be able to fulfill his wish. The part of this song that goes "Whatever may pass and whatever lie before me..." is where we all need to realize God is with us at all time. He is our strength as we allow Him to be. He is our joy in the midst of 'tough' days. No matter what happens in the day ahead God does not change. God was with Doc on this day two years ago when the stroke happened. He was with him two days later when he took his last breath on this earth. He is always with us. There is great comfort in knowing He never leaves us no matter what is going on in life. In fact, we can feel His presence stronger as we allow Him to show us Himself through our trials. I am reminded of Paul's words from Philippians 3. Paul pressed on in life through many trials because he kept his focus on God. We need to do the same. He kept his eyes on the prize even in times of doubt. This was what made him successful in living for the Lord. As we strive to live for Christ we will do the same. There will be distractions along the way but God will be our strength to not give into such distractions. The more we focus on Him the more we will realize the reason for our being. The more we praise Him through the storms of life the more we will realize He is the reason we can do so. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for the memories from two years ago! Thank You for bringing "10,000 Reasons" before me this morning to bless me! Thank You for my sister Linda's visit with my Momma and for being with Beth and her family as they said 'see you later' to their Momma! You are such a good God who blesses us as we allow You to. Thank You for Betty starting her day off with me yesterday walking on the beach! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You will ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and Alex's brother who was in a car accident. Thank You for being close to Melanie and her family; Terry Mosley's family; my cousin Wayne's siblings and family; Kim Zifel and her family; and Jerry Gates and his family. I pray comfort for the family of the three year old who drown and for those involved in the search. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: