Saturday, September 17, 2022

Psalm 69 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

The Lord took me to Psalm 69 this morning. As I read it I thought about many people in my little world who are in pain. Some are in physical pain while others are in emotional, financial, mental, and even spiritual pain. The pain we go through can be brought upon my our own doing and it also can be brought upon my the doings of others. No matter what we need to remember God is there for us. He desires us to lean into His strength to get through such times. David encourages us in verses thirty through thirty-two to praise God through such times. These verses read in the VOICE: 

The name of the True God will be my song,
    an uplifting tune of praise and thanksgiving!
31 My praise will please the Eternal more than if I were to sacrifice an ox
    or the finest bull. (Horns, hooves, and all!)
32 Those who humbly serve will see and rejoice!
    All you seekers-after-God will revive your souls!

Yes! We need to praise God through the 'good' and the 'tough' days of life. We need to praise Him so our focus will be on Him and not our pain and agony. Praising Him defeats the devil. The devil desires us to fall. He desires us to take our focus off of God and onto ourselves. Complaining will get us no where. Praising will get us everywhere. David began this Psalm lamenting to God about all that was happening in his life but changed his tune to that of joy by the end. That is exactly what can happen in our life. We can complain and feel like giving up but when we allow God to work in and through our circumstances we will find true joy. It may not mean our problems will go away but it means God's strength will be realized with whatever lies ahead. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture: The psalmist concludes the psalm with holy joy and praise, which he began with complaints of his grief. It is a great comfort to us, that humble and thankful praises are more pleasing to God than the most costly, pompous sacrifices. Once again I am reminded of the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"...

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Yes! When we call on the name of Jesus in our times of pain, He will be there for us. He is always there for us no matter what the circumstance. Sometimes we feel like He doesn't hear our prayers but we must remember He does hear them but answers them in His time. Perhaps we have not learned something we need to learn. Sometimes it is that someone else needs to see how we handle life in His strength before we receive healing. There are all kinds of reasons for why we have to wait on Him to answer our prayers. The important thing is we can never give up as we wait.cDear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the privilege to meet my new neighbors and for the time to get my fall decorations out! Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma and all of us as we go through this time with her! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray Your strength over many in pain. Some have physical pain while others have emotional, mental, financial, and spiritual pains. May You truly be their source of hope in their darkness. I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed yesterday with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter. I praise You for no cancer found in my friend who had thyroid surgery and for Baby Zella being home from the hospital! Thank You for being My True God! Amen.

No comments: