Friday, September 23, 2022

Psalm 113:3 - "Hills and Valleys"

 

Wow, God is so good! I started my day yesterday with seeing the sunrise in Ohio and ended it with seeing the sunset in South Carolina. Both were stunning and showed God's great artistry. When I pulled out to go to the hospital yesterday, I saw the sun rising and knew I needed to take a detour to get some picts. Seeing it rise over the cornfields brought a lot of great memories of growing up and then raising my boys in the same area. The pictures I took were within a mile or so of where we moved to when Paul was a baby and then the house we built when Ben was born. Sweet memories. But there were also 'bad' memories as I crossed the railroad tracks where my Daddy had a broken neck when he was hit by a train. Last night as I watched the sunset over the water just a mile or so from my house I was once again flooded with sweet memories. But there were also 'bad' memories as I thought about Doc's last months on this earth being so painful for him. Today would have been our thirty-third anniversary. If he were here, he would have planned a fun day that included exploring, going out to eat, and lots of laughter. That is what he did for not only special occasions but in every day life. In the 'good' and in the 'bad' I must remember to praise God. I praise Him for having the opportunity to be with my Momma for a couple days and for the care she is getting. I praise Him for Tim picking me up at the airport and June giving me a ride back to the airport I praise Him for Chris mowing my yard while I was gone. I praise Him for everyone who prayed and continues to pray for me and my family. I praise Him for Brooklyn who sent me roses and my Vitamin Water for when I was picked up at the airport. I praise Him for a safe flight and for Alex, Cait, and the kids picking me up from the airport. I praise Him for the beauty of His creation. I praise Him for a friend sharing dinner and the sunset with me last night. I praise Him for another day of life ahead. Psalm 113:3 reads in the NASB, From the rising of the sun to it's setting the name of the Lord is to be praised. This means we are to praise God no matter what is happening in life. We are to praise Him for the 'sweet' memories and for the 'tough' ones. As I begin another day of life I will be more intentional to praise Him. I will celebrate today the love Doc and I enjoyed for over thirty years and bask in the memories. I have a song Tauren Wells sings on my heart this morning called "Hills and Valleys"...

I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days
And I've prayed prayers to heaven from my lowest place
And I have held the blessings
God, You give and take away
No matter what I have, Your grace is enough
No matter where I am, I'm standing in Your love

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all of the people who love on me so well through You! Yesterday I was blessed in abundance by: Chris, June, Alex and Cait, Brooklyn, and Andy. Thank You for the blessing of seeing the sunrise in Ohio and the sunset in South Carolina! As I told my Momma yesterday 'home' for me is in South Carolina but a piece of me is there with her. I pray Your peace over her today with the stress test. May she feel Your strength in a mighty way. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray You will wrap your arms around Clay Shields​ and Jo Ann with the loss of Breezy! Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: