Thursday, September 15, 2022

Hebrews 13; Psalm 121 - "God So Loved"


Every time I was awake during the night the song "God So Loved" was going through my mind. I am so thankful for His love! We were reminded last night in Bible study that He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow (Hebrews 13). Praise His Holy Name for loving us no matter what we do or say! I am thankful He is there to love us through times of doubt and fear. I had a God moment during my walk yesterday. I was listening to Casting Crowns and had a lady comment on how she liked my music. She was swinging at the waterfront while reading her Bible. She had her notebook and pen out taking notes. When I stopped to talk, the first thing out of her mouth was that she was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before. Immediately the tears came to my eyes as I had been talking to God about my upcoming mammogram as I walked. She invited me to sit and talk. I am so thankful I took the time to do so. What a blessing she was to me even though she said I blessed her in abundance. When I began walking again, I felt so blessed by the conversation. Last night as we began Hebrews 13 I thought about how God put her in my life to get my thoughts off of myself. He used her to love on me even though I ministered to her. That is how my God works. He is so great in providing what I need when I need it. I am reminded this morning of Psalm 121 that I shared with a friend yesterday who is going through a tough time. It reads in the NIV:

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you--the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

He is our Help as we allow Him to be. We need to keep our focus on Him so we will not miss any God moments in life. There is freedom in a life with Him. The song goes...

For God so loved the world that He gave us
His one and only Son to save us
Whoever believes in Him will live forever
The power of hell forever defeated
Now it is well, I'm walking in freedom
For God so loved, God so loved the world

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the God moments of yesterday and the ones You will put before me today! Thank You for peace in the midst of finding out my Momma was going through a 'storm' yesterday! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love! I pray Your help over me as I go for my mammogram this morning. I know no matter what the outcome is You are with me and I also know I will glorify You through whatever lies ahead. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; my friend recuperating from thyroid cancer surgery; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Help! Amen.

No comments: