Thursday, September 29, 2022

Hebrews 13:8; Philippians 4:11-12 - "Stand In Faith"

I was awake throughout the night multiple times praying for those in the path of Hurricane Ian. Seeing pictures and reading stories of the devastation from this storm is heart breaking. It seems like every time you read another account of the storm it has changed. Sometimes that is the way storms in life go. There are mountains and valleys that occur in them. Just when you think you are over the worst of them they gear up in stronger force. No matter what is happening we must remember to praise God. We talked in Bible study last night about being content in life. That is sometimes easier said than done. Paul encouraged the Church of Philippi to be content in all circumstances in Philippians 4:11-12. The result of doing so is found in verse 13. We can do everything in His strength as we live in contentment with Him. Some circumstances are harder than others. Some situations seem to last longer than others. What we must remember is God is with us. There may be times when we feel like we are so far away from God but it is not He who moves away from us. It is us who moves from Him. He is always there to love on us as we will allow Him. I am grateful for His love, mercy, and grace that is available to me at all time. When life gets tough, God is there to see me through it. When I feel like I cannot go on, He is there to give me exactly what I need to persevere. It takes trusting Him and living by faith to live as He desires of me. I am reminded of a song Danny Gokey sings called "Stand In Faith"....

Can't escape disappointment
Can't avoid the delay
But I don't have to make feeling down and defeated the place that I stay
Gonna rise to the moment
Gonna speak to the waves
Gonna push back that doubt that keeps dragging me down when I can't find a way

Life is full of disappointments but they do not have to be what guides my days. When I keep my focus on God, I will be more at peace no matter what is happening in life. As I stand in faith and trust Him I will be blessed in abundance. No one knows how Hurricane Ian is going to go. Not even the meteorologists. But I know God is with me no matter what happens. I have faith that He will see me through. Last night when I took Nicholas home after church I asked him how I could pray for him this week. He had four requests. His grandpa's in Florida to be safe, his Dad to be safe at work, him to be able to do his school work on-line, and for all of us to be safe. Every one of these requests revolve around Hurricane Ian. Even the children are effected by such storms. That is one of the reasons why it is so important for us to teach our children about God. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! As Hurricane Ian continues to move I pray for all in its path. I pray for the police, fire/EMS, power line workers, etc. who are out in it to be protected. I also pray for those who have already lost their homes from this storm to have someone to love on them. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me in the day ahead. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma as she adjusts to the nursing home; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serena and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Baby Dakota, and Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My Faith Builder! Amen.

No comments: