Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Philippians 4:13 - "Goodness of God"

Yesterday was one of those days that seemed like would never end. It was a day of deep emotions that brought tears at times. I am so thankful for God's strength to get through such days. I am thankful for His love that showers down upon me in 'good' and 'tough' days. His presence is exactly where I need to live. I am thankful for the way He brings distractions before me from my present circumstance. I also am thankful for His Word that encourages me greatly. Twenty-eight plus years ago He gave me Philippians 4:13 to hang onto as I was going through the MS diagnosis phase of life. I thought this Scripture meant physical strength because I was unable to walk on my own. I soon realized He meant His strength is there for us physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. His strength is perfect in all circumstances. It is always available to us no matter what. I was thankful for a text from Beth yesterday that encouraged me to 'Keep leaning into Jesus.' I am thankful for friends who checked on my throughout the day and encouraged me greatly. I am thankful for another day of life ahead and for this time I have with my Momma. I am thankful she knows how to lean into the Lord. She taught me well and for that I am grateful. I am thankful for songs like "Goodness of God" that was on my heart throughout the day yesterday. It reminds me God is with me in the midst of pain and sorrow.

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

No matter what is happening in life God is with me. He is here on the mountaintops and in the valleys. He is here when I fall apart emotionally and when I can't concentrate mentally. He is here when my body decides to not function properly and go crazy with MS tingling and/or 'hippieish hippy shakes.' Praise His Holy Name! I was reminded yesterday that grief happens at a time of loss. Loss does not necessarily mean a physical death. Loss comes in many forms. It comes in the way of losing a relationship, loss of a job, loss of independence, etc. My heart hurts for my Momma as she goes through these 'tough' days and it hurts for all of us as we watch her have to experience it. I keep praying for God to have mercy on her. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being so close yesterday! Thank You for going before us today and giving Your wisdom and peace! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. Thank You for my visit last night with Rhonda who I have not seen in years! Thank You for everyone who checked on me yesterday with texts and calls! Today is a new day and I pray whatever lies ahead You will be glorified. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray You will wrap your arms around Clay Shields​ and Jo Ann with the loss of Breezy! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: