Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Hebrews 11 - "Forever"

 


The Lord took me to Hebrews 11 this morning to remind me it takes faith to live as He desires of me. Faith is not something we can see but definitely is something we can experience throughout our life. I was thinking as I boarded the plane yesterday about how much faith it takes to do so. When you think about it, everything we do in life takes faith. This chapter mentions many different people from Biblical times that lived by faith. It tells their story and how they not only lived by faith but were blessed in the process. It seems like the deeper I go in my faith the more blessed I become. We are changed as we exercise our faith. Verse six reads, And without faith living within us it would be impossible to please God. For we come to God in faith knowing that he is real and that he rewards the faith of those who passionately seek him. Two key words in this verse are impossible and passionately. The more passionate we are in our life with Him the more we will realize nothing is impossible with Him. After the author speaks about people with great faith throughout that period of time he ends with verse thirty-nine and forty. These were the true heroes, commended for their faith, yet they lived in hope receiving the fullness of what was promised them. But now God has invited us to live in something better than what they had--faith's fullness! This is so that they could be brought to finish perfection alongside of us. In order to spend eternity with the Lord we must live in hope and by faith. Then we will receive what He desires for us. I go back to thinking about how the more I live by faith on this earth the more I will receive what He desires for me not only now but forever. The song from Sunday is on my mind this morning...

Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
From the rising to the setting sun
His love endures forever
And by the grace of God we will carry on
His love endures forever

Yes! God is faithful and He desires for us to be faithful too. Just as He parted the Red Sea for the Israelites to cross I am praying He parts some 'Red Seas' in my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me and parting some 'Red Seas' in my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray the parting of some 'Red Seas' for many in my little world. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray You will wrap your arms around Clay Shields​ and Jo Ann with the loss of Breezy! Thank You for a successful procedure for Dan yesterday and for being with Rhonda today as she goes through tests! Thank You for being My Forever! Amen.

No comments: