Friday, September 16, 2022

Exodus 14:14; Hebrews 13 - "Blessings"

 

Yesterday was an emotional day from start to finish. I woke up with so much apprehension over having my mammogram. I get so mad at myself for the way the emotions go crazy every year when it comes time for it. Then I remind myself I am human. God created us with emotions and is not surprised when they show through. I was thankful for texts with a friend as I waited on the results and for the smile on the tech's face as she gave me the 'clear' results. God is so good! But the thing I was reminded of yesterday is that He would have still been good if the results were not favorable. He loves me so and is there for me at all time. Once again I was reminded of words from Hebrews 13 that He will never leave me nor forsake me. All we have to do is allow Him to fight our battles for us. He is the Ultimate Warrior who already won the war. He knows how to fight the battles of life and will do so for us. I didn't have my normal time yesterday morning to walk but decided to do a shortened time. When I went out to get in the car, I had an issue with one of my new tires. Urgh! Come to find out there was a nail in it. Double urge! Throughout the day God kept reminding me He was there for me. Last night getting to see a beautiful sunset after a celebration dinner was the 'icing on the cake' for the day. Wow, God! The beauty of His creation is overwhelming at times.  Once again I stood in awe of His creation and thanked Him for another day of life. Even though there were many ups and downs emotionally He provided exactly what I needed to not just get through the day but to glorify Him through it. I am reminded this morning of a song from long ago called "Blessings"...

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Yes! He will bless us with what He knows is best for us. I have no clue 'why?' I got a nail in a brand new tire but life happens. I have no clue 'why?' God blessed me with another clear mammogram but I am thankful for such results. I have no clue on a lot of things in life but I know Who does and that is all that matters to me. He is there for me at all time ready to fight every battle that comes before me. The desire of His heart is for me to win the battles so I can walk triumphantly with Him for eternity. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my Momma being where she is being cared for as she needs! May You continue to give the doctors wisdom in her situation. Thank You for my sister Linda being able to visit her! Thank You for my friends Cait, Andy, Clay, Jo Ann, Marlene, and Leslie who love on me well with Your love! Cleanse me so You fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray continued peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Sally and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; my friend recuperating from thyroid cancer surgery; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Ultimate Warrior! Amen.

No comments: