Monday, September 12, 2022

Psalm 37:4 - "God So Loved"

 

Yesterday was full of blessings from start to finish. Visits with friends before going to church, a fun children's Sunday School class, communion and great worship, lunch with my church family, beach time with two of my little buddies, and a sleepover with them at my house. Hearing 'Pastor Sheila...' warms my heart. God blesses me in abundance through days like this. He blesses me in so many ways but days like yesterday fill my emotional tank up to over flowing. As I snuggled with one of them last night as they fell asleep I thought about how blessed I am. I was reminded of David's words in Psalm 37:4. The more I live for the Lord the more He will show me what He desires of me. The more i strive to walk in obedience the more He will direct me. Yesterday the three of us were singing "For God So Loved" out in the water. The kids kept saying 'Pastor Sheila I found another one' as the sand dollars were so prevalent. One lady who heard/saw us asked me where I pastored. She shared that she is here for a long-term visit and would love to go to church but doesn't know anyone. That opened the door to share about our church. She fell in love with Miss Annabelle and Mr Nick as they were so polite to her and told her she should come. Those are the things that bless my heart in abundance! God is so, so good. It also blesses me to hear the children singing songs like "For God So Loved"...

For God so loved the world that He gave us
His one and only Son to save us
Whoever believes in Him will live forever

Yes! God loves us so much and shows His love to us every day as we allow Him. I am so grateful for all the ways He showers me with His love but especially for the ways He does it through others. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with my little buddies! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of you. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; my friend recuperating from thyroid cancer surgery; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, Brenda, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. I pray You will be so real to Jo Ann with her dental procedure and Debbie's Mom with her eye procedure this morning. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: