Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Psalm 3 - "Goodness of God"

God woke me with the direction to read Psalm 3. He stopped me at verse five to remind me He is with me as I start a new day. He loves me so much that He blessed me throughout the night with waking me every couple of hours to pray for different ones going through 'tough' days. One is facing thyroid cancer surgery today. Another one is fighting to come back from a stroke. Another one is going through a divorce and another couple going through a rough patch in their marriage. He had me pray for a couple who are anxiously waiting to find out if they are going to adopt a newborn. Praying for each one of them makes me feel closer to their situations. It makes me know God is with them even when sometimes they may feel like He is far away. As I gazed upon the sunrise yesterday I was once again in awe of His artistry. He shows Himself to me through nature. Walking in the mornings is so enjoyable as I am out in nature. It amazes me how special of a time it has become to me. I was thinking yesterday how when I do not have that time I feel 'off' in my spirit. I do not like days when weather doesn't cooperate or I have things to do and I cannot start the day walking out in His creation. It is like life is perfect when my day starts first in His Word and praying and then walking and once again praying. Most of the time my walks are done alone but it is special when a friend joins me. No matter what God is with me. He speaks to me through nature, loves on me through nature, and blesses me in abundance. I am reminded this morning of the song "Goodness of God" and feeling very blessed. 

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Yes! He is faithful to be with me every day, 24/7 as I allow Him. He is faithful to provide blessings upon blessings to me as I allow Him. Last night's zoom call was a perfect example of being blessed. I so enjoy this monthly call with Pastors Tony, Kevin, and Gary. We missed Pastor Brent last night. I was so encouraged by our time together. God used them to show me I am on the right path with what I am doing in the church. Woo hoo! I look forward to the day ahead to see what God has in store for me. I also look forward to the days ahead in the life of the church to see not only where God is going to take us but how it will be accomplished.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving on me so greatly and for encouraging me through the zoom call with Pastors Tony, Kevin, and Gary! Thank You for going before me today and opening doors for me to be who You have called me to be. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray peace over each one I prayed for during the night and for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and for a friend having thyroid cancer surgery today to receive from You exactly what they need. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: