Saturday, September 3, 2022

Psalm 145 - "Goodness of God"

God woke me this morning with the song "Goodness of God" in my heart. These words are words I can sing with joy in my heart because of Who He is in my life.

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Yesterday was a much needed day of allowing memories to wash down over me. It was two years since I found Doc on the floor from having a stroke. Yesterday was a day filled with talking about him, laughing, being out in God's creation, eating some of his favorite foods, etc. It was a day that gave another piece of healing in my spirit. God knows exactly what we need and provides. Sometimes that means plans get changed or you do things spontaneously but every time God is control He blesses in abundance. There was one point in the day where I stopped and just allowed God to hug me with my thoughts. There was another point as I watched the sunset last night I thought about how sad it is for those who die to never experience such things again on this earth. Then I stopped myself and thought how silly that thought was when they are living in the most beautiful place of all. Psalm 145:13a reads, Your kingdom will never end; Not only will His Kingdom never end but all who live in relationship with Him have the privilege to live forever with Him. The sunset last night was spectacular but I cannot even begin to imagine how heaven will look. Verse sixteen reads, The desires of every living thing are met by Your open hand. God desires to bless us. He desires us to live in His presence so what we want in life is what He desires for us. He blessed me in abundance yesterday and I look forward to the blessings He has in store for me today. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me through a 'hard' day yesterday with the memories of the anniversary of Doc's stroke! Thank You for: friends like Andy who spent time with me, Marlene who texted me, and Cait who checked in on me! You know what I need and provide. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. I pray peace over: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and Alex's brother who was in a car accident. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: